Thursday, January 16, 2014

Formal Garden at "Whitemarsh Hall"

Landscape planting by Lewis & Valentine Company

   On April 28th 1921 writing from his Philadelphia Chestnut Street home, Edward Townsend Stotesbury responds to Lewis & Valentine:  I am in receipt of your letter of the 16th, and it gives me great pleasure to state that the work which you have done for me at Chestnut Hill has been most satisfactory. 

Hoping that you will be able to secure additional work,  I am 

Yours very truly,



Click HERE to see the remains of the garden at wikimapia. Follow THIS LINK for more on "Whitemarsh Hall".

2 comments:

  1. the only thing more astounding than viewing this garden is that knowing all that magnificence is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the best description for all consideration of Whitemarsh Hall.

      Delete